Enabling exchange of data to and from multiple systems on the path to interoperability is a requirement in today’s healthcare landscape. The creation of interfaces between systems for data interoperability is a challenge for many organizations and requires both the skill set and experience to define the strategies and deliver efficiently. Interface engine (IE) vendors that offer solutions with robust, sophisticated integration technology are quickly adopting standards. However the methods by which those standards are applied can vary greatly.
Hielix provides a holistic view of interoperability so that appropriate interfaces are created to ensure both long and short-term needs are identified and met. Often, a robust data integration strategy is required based on EMR transformations or enterprise-wide initiatives to meet the requirements of Meaningful Use. Hielix interface/interoperability services include:
- Project management and overall delivery regardless of how small or large the team.
- Whether for single interfaces or as part of a larger initiative that changes or updates the library of transaction sets.
- Author field level specifications using appropriate standards and guides based on the transaction sets required.
- Develop/Configure within a designated interface engine.
- If an interface engine has not yet been identified, a full evaluation and selection can be included.
- Conduct transactional and batch unit, integrated and user acceptance testing with internal and external senders and receivers.
- Manage production deployment and overall production verification.
Integration Standards and Versions Supported
- HL7 Versions 2.x and 3.0
- EDI ANSI X12
Transaction Sets Supported
- Admit, Discharge, Transfers
- Orders and Results
- Clinical Data Exchange
- DICOM and Image transactions
- Bio-Medical and Hemodynamic Data Exchange
- Benefit Enrollment
- Review Request (Ref/Auth) & Response (278)
- Eligibility and Benefit Inquiries (270/271)
- Claims and Claims Inquiries (837/276/277)
- Acknowledgement Files (997/999)
- Remittance Advice/EOP (835)
- Payment Order/Remittance Advice (820)