Hielix and Rural Health Innovations Partner on Transitions of Care
Hielix and Rural Health Innovations, a wholly-owned, for-profit subsidiary of the National Rural Health Resource Center (The Center), have joined together in bringing to market a means to engage all healthcare providers with tools they can immediately use to enhance patient outcomes during Transitions of Care (ToC) and meet the upcoming requirements in Stage 2 of Meaningful Use. The Transitions solution is built on three key components.
- Utilizing the Direct project to provide a secure communications conduit for the exchange of key patient records such as the discharge summary, care plan, referral, lab results or other documents
- Developing a clear plan for implementing the Transitions solution, based on national standards, to each targeted stakeholder group in the medical trading area
- Assisting the provider in obtaining a Direct e-mail address for all stakeholders and provide training on its use including where Direct integrates with transitions of care
The benefits to your organization of working with Hielix and Rural Health Innovations includes:
- Assurance that care team members have the most up-to-date, accurate information about a patient at the point of care
- Reduced readmissions and adverse events
- Enhanced security and privacy for protected patient information
- Increased security vs. fax
- Enhanced care efficiency and improved patient outcomes
- Additional help in controlling health care costs
Questions about Meaningful Use Stage 2 and Transitions of Care? Sign up for one of our upcoming webinars here.
The timelines for meeting the Meaningful Use Stage 2 requirements are coming quickly. Get ahead by speaking with a member of our team about enhanced clinical outcomes from Transitions within your community. Fill out the form below and a member of our team will respond right away.